Workshop on Altimetry for Regional and Coastal Ocean Models
Submitted by cipo on Tue, 03/10/2015 - 15:41
A Pilot Altimetry for Regional and Coastal Ocean Models (ARCOM 2015) workshop is being organised in Lisbon on 31 August - 4 September 2015. The workshop is embedded in the 4th International Coordination Workshop (COSS-ICW4) of the GOV Coastal Oceans and Shelf Seas Task Team (GOV COSS-TT) as part of the COSS-TT Focus Area 3, and has the following objectives:
- Discuss the interest of sea level measurements for the regional/coastal ocean modellers
- Present the available altimetry missions and products; discuss recent advances and projects
- Discuss how altimetry can improve the forecast quality and enable new applications in the regional/coastal oceans
- Discuss how to use altimetry products in regional/coastal ocean models for assimilation and validation
- Establish concrete bindings between the COSS community and regional altimetry groups, and bridge their active workshops (ie. COSS-TT and CAW: Coastal Altimetry Workshop).